ABOUT WOODCUT TOOLS
Attention to detail, hard work and an absolute commitment to quality are the hallmarks of our business. Our products are designed by turners for turners. Driven by tradition while pushing the boundaries with innovative products.
SOME OF OUR BESTSELLERS
Does what it says. Saves bowls, easy!
Large or small, saves bowls and money.
Coring a 12" by 4" bowl in less than 5 minutes.
Two point support for reduced vibration and ease of use.
- Makes cores from 3" to 17" diameter and up to 6" deep
- Cut size 75mm (3") to 450mm (18")
- Integrated with Tail stock for extra safety
- Three high strength, cast, zinc coated blades with Stellite cutters, designed to hold an edge 2- 3 times longer than M2 HSS.
- Can cut up to 500 bowls before needing to be re-tipped
- Cutter is sharpened with a diamond hone or bench grinder
- Includes #2 Morse Taper for the Tail Stock
- User guide booklet supplied. Online support videos available on Woodcut Tools You Tube channel.
- 11-1/2" (290mm) handle than can also be used for 1/2" or 12.7mm diameter tools
Recommended minimum lathe power of 1.5kW (1hp) and swing from 16" to 25".
Tru-Grind Sharpening System
EASY TO USE - Precise, easy, sharpening means no mucking around to get the right sharpening angle each time. Accurate, Compact, Easy
RESULTS IN A SMOOTH FINISH TO YOUR PROJECTS - The Tru-Grind tool will enable you to turn wood to a finish so smooth that even the end grain requires no sanding
EXACT BEVEL EVERY TIME - Simply set the number to repeat your preferred bevel time after time, giving you the confidence in knowing each of your tools are being sharpened correctly. Designed to take up to 1-1/2" in diameter tools, there is no need for several jigs in your workshop. Fits most popular brands of 6" or 8" dry bench grinders such as Rikon or Jet
DESIGNED BY TURNERS, FOR TURNERS - The preferred sharpening tool by world leading turners. Designed and made by wood turners, every detail is thought about from a woodworkers point of view, resulting in a very easy to use tool which gives the very best results every time
Toolholder & Base slide boxed set with user guide and online video.
- Simply set the number to repeat your preferred bevel.
- Sharpen all your tools with one jig
- Precise, easy sharpening every time.
- ACE sharpening. Accurate, Compact, Easy
- Fits most bench dry grinder
The Tru-Grind Sharpening System is the best sharpening system available today. It can sharpen a huge range of tools. Such as turning, carving, carpenters, lathe bits, drills and many other items. Fits most bench grinders and is the ideal sharpening system.
Born out of the need to hold chuck mounted turned work for embellishing.
- Precision machined from 1045 high tensile steel
- Positive positional locking at any position
- 360 deg. rotation on 2 separate axes
- Vacuum chuck compatible.
For attaching your Pro-Mount to your lathe or work space
- Tool Post - To attach your Pro-Mount directly to your lathe
- Pro-Mount Bench Stand - For fitting and securing to any fixed surface, ie. workshop bench or wall.
- Table Clamp (used in conjunction with the Pro-Mount Bench Stand) - To temporarily attached your Pro-Mount to a table top.
For attaching your carving project to your Pro-Mount
- Chuck Spindle - A Chuck Spindle will give you the option to attach your project to your Pro-Mount whilst still in the chuck.
- Pro-Mount Carvers Plate - For directly attaching your carving project to.
- Additional plates - To accommodate multiple projects.
The Woodcut Mill Drill has been designed by turners, for turners. Designed to make the production of pepper grinders that utilize the CrushGrind® type mechanism. It features two adjustable cutters and has a #2 Morse Taper to fit in the tail stock of most lathes. A 1" hole is drilled in the pepper mill blank and then the Mill Drill is used to enlarge the hole and cut a step for the mechanism. It is a versatile tool and with some adjustment to the cutters it can be used to cut a wide range of hole sizes making it unnecessary to buy a number of drill bits. Your Mill Drill will arrive pre-sharpened ready for immediate use but will need to be sharpened again when the cutters become dull or blunt. The Woodcut Tru-Grind credit card diamond hone is recommended for regular touch-ups. How regularly you sharpen the cutters will depend on the timber being used.
EASY TO USE - Simple design to speed up your production of peppermills. Specifically designed for, but not limited to, using the CrushGrind® mechanism.
ONLY TOOL NEEDED FOR DRILLING - A versatile tool which incorporates a No2 Morse Taper so it will fit into the tail stock of most lathes. With some adjustment to the cutters it can be used to cut a wide range of hole sizes making it unnecessary to buy a number of drill bits. Can be used to hold Forstner drill bits with a 0.39 inch shank.
USER GUIDES & VIDEOS SUPPLIED - An extensive user guide booklet is included in the box with your Mill-Drill. User guide and demonstration videos available on You Tube.
DESIGNED BY TURNERS, FOR TURNERS - Designed and made by wood turners, every detail is thought about from a woodworkers point of view, resulting in a very easy to use tool which gives the very best results every time.
Twin Collet comfortable rubber grip handle designed for tools with 3/8" or 1/2" diameter shank
A deluxe 16 inch quick change handle with 2 collets for 9 - 10mm shafts 12 - 13mm shafts.
Ideal for use with the Woodcut Pro-forme Flexi Hollower product and any other too with either a 3/8", 10mm and 1/2" (12.7mm) shafts
The collet holds the tools securely without marring them. A twist of the collar loosens or tightens the tool. The spare collet is conveniently stored inside the back end of the handle with a magnet.
The Twin Collet Handle features a comfortable rubber grip and measures 1-1/4" diameter by 17".
The handle includes 3/8" and 1/2" Collets.
Designed by turners, for turners
Pro-Forme Starter Hollowing Kit
Widely recognised as the best hollowing tool available.
"Make shavings, not dust".
- Easiest to sharpen, adjust and use
- Unlike other tools you don't need to keep adjusting the cutter
- Designed for cross and end grain scenarios
- User guide supplied and support videos available on You Tube.
The Woodcut Pro-Forme hollowing system includes a hardened M2 high speed steel cutter that is open on the side to prevent clogging, which is common with other end grain/hollowing tools. The adjustable safety gauge determines the depth of cut and prevents dig-ins. Each cutter is both re-sharpenable using a diamond hone and replaceable to ensure a long working life from these tools.
The straight shaft is designed to produce the opening and remove the wood down the sides and across the bottom of the vessel.
The 20" (508mm) spigot handle has a comfortable cushioned grip for long periods at the lathe and if required two handles can be fitted together for extra length if required.
The Woodcut Pro-Forme is designed to hollow both side and end grain on green or dry wood. However, for an optimal hollowing experience, Woodcut Tools recommends the cutter is regularly sharpened and green wood is used. For guidelines on how to sharpen the cutter please refer to page 6 of the User Manual available.
All Pro-Forme tools feature a heavy duty 5/8" diameter shaft that will reach up to 10" over the tool rest.
The Pro-Forme starter kit includes a handle, cutter head and a straight shaft.
The Pro-Forme Scraper Head is available as an additional accessory and is designed for normal or shear scraping to reduce the need for sanding. The Scraper Head replaces the Power Head on the shank that is best suited for the turning. Two scraper cutters are included with the scraper head.
Fax: +64 6 875 1067
Woodcut Tools Limited